Seek...

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Art is...

How many times have we heard people say, "I'm not an artist" or "I don't know anything about art" or "I love art but art doesn't love me" or maybe just about anything to that effect.

Because art to many people is more often associated with aesthetics.  Not so much about passion and skills but more on visuals and graphics.  Sadly it's just a fraction of it.

The good news however is that art is just about anything and everything you do and see around you.

Wikipedia explains:

Art is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way to affect the senses or emotions. It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations, and modes of expression, including music, literature, film, sculpture, and paintings.

Highlight on including music, literature, film, sculpture, and paintings.

I think art is the result of the ideas and passion done simply because of the love for doing something you care for.  I believe each of us has a thing or two or even more of those.  And I mean anything.

So if you love coffee, your art would probably be in making different types of coffee from flavors to colors to design and even to the way it is sipped and savored.  If you love sex your art might be to spice up your personal Kamasutra.  If you love ideas, you're probably an entrepreneur.  If you are a lawyer, your art could be in redesigning contracts to best fit the commoner.  Writers coin new words.  Bloggers blog to put life on uninteresting stories and make them interesting

And so...

We are all artists.

And therefore I don't believe artists are only for the skilled or the chosen few.  I believe we all have something we are passionate about.  We just don't see it or acknowledge it or refuse to believe it's right under our noses.

Art to me is more than just aesthetics and tangibility.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...