Seek...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Doing What You Love Doing

Many of us dream of becoming successful at the things we are passionate about. Some made it into a career and others do it for fun while keep their gruesome dayjobs.

But I have never given up my dreams. I get high seeing our local musicians shine. My heart dances upon hearing our music reach to as far as it can.

The last couple of nights was an opportunity I have been lucky enough to participate - beginning of another milestone. Little steps for local musicians and artists alike to resume their dreams.

I am a dreamer and this is what I believe...

Dreams will never leave you if you just hold on to it to as long as you can. Hold on to it with courage. Don't worry about being scared - it's normal to be scared. It's normal to make mistakes.

It doesn't matter if your dreams won't come true completely in your lifetime. Most dreams need baby steps.

What is more important is the fact that you started something. What is more important is you inspired people. What is more important is you shared your ideas and made it grow with other people's ideas. What is more important is you lighted a path.

Creative Cebu successfully launched its light at the Outpost on Dec. 17 and another on Dec. 18 at VUDU.

I feel privileged to be part of this organization. I feel privileged to be working with Jay Aldeguer and his team of creatives. I feel privileged to be working with my guitar god Arnold Ang.

I feel privileged to be given this opportunity to do what I love doing again.

photos courtesy of Paolo Marco D. Manalac for Creative Cebu

1 comment:

ANDOi said...

Reading your dreams and inspirations also inspires our dreams. I think I got your left shoe.

Success is doing what you love, and loving what you do.

More success to come in 2009.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...