Seek...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Artists and Musicians Marketing Cooperative (Artist Ko)

My memory is selective and with that I get accused often for being forgetful of details.  Yet the excitement felt to put up a cooperative is still brewing in me vividly today as it was then when I first auditioned this idea to my good friends in the music community.

I'm 100% sure the motivation sparked up during the Tsinelas' songwriting workshop after sharing it with Insoy Ninal, Jude Gitamondoc, Cattski, and Undercover Grasshoppers.  From then on, what transpired just simply rolled from inspirations to creative options.

Things can only happen if you believe in it.  If you believe beer is better than water, then it will taste that way to you.  If you believe in long term investments, things will mold along that line of thinking for you.  Of course there is also persistence, the right mindset, and more importantly the foundation - the very first people to comprise the organization.

I am aware that the most difficult part in any endeavor is at the start up phase.  This is a given.  I'm also aware that it is in the commitment and good character of the cofounders I work with in this project that I believe will make a strong and binding relationship not just for us but for the general community as well. However that may happen, I insist to believe that this will be a kismetic journey for all of us.

This week, finally after 6 long months of continuous discussions, I am proud and happy to say that we, the cofounders (18) will be signing the documents in compliance with CDA's requirements, that we will be legally recognized, that we will celebrate this on Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009 at The Outpost, and that we will be Artist Ko.

Peace, art, and rock 'n' roll.  This is another start of something wonderful.

Cheers to all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...